STATE AND COUNTY FAIR
Derby car must arrive at registration 15 minutes prior to show time.
1. All derby drivers, owners, mechanics, pit crew and wrecker drivers are required to sign a RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY INDEMNITY AGREEMENT day of exhibition with pit gate sign in official before entering race track and/or exhibition area or motorized pit area. All persons must be 18 years of age or older to drive. Driver must have a valid driver’s license when signing in day of exhibition.
2. Intoxicating beverages and drugs, or the use of such, are prohibited prior to or during the event.
3. Any driver and/or crew member disobeying the rules will cause his car to be disqualified.
4. If a driver does not hit a car within the time specified, announced by derby officials, or officials feel driver is deliberately sand bagging, driver may be disqualified.
5. Derby officials reserve the right to inspect any and all cars entered in the Demolition contest at any time.
6. Any front engine, hard top car or station wagon is allowed, with the exception no Chrysler Imperials, no trucks or 4 wheel drives, SUV’s limousines, etc. Transmission coolers allowed. No fan on transmission cooler.
7. Safety belts and approved helmets are required and must be fastened. Shoulder harness recommended.
8. All glass including windshield, head lights, tail lights, mirrors etc. must be removed.
9. Original gas tank must be removed and not used in any location. A boat type tank or equivalent thereof must be placed in middle of back seat area. No upright 5 gallon cans. Prefer tank placed in cradle which can be reinforced and secured to car floor. Gas tank must be secured with steel straps only, no ratchet or bungie straps If car is originally equipped with electric fuel pump, a kill switch must be in driver’s compartment. Metal gas line with maximum 3” length rubber gas hose per end connecting fuel tank and carburetor must be secured to nozzle of tank with hose clamp, gas line is to be strapped.
10. All doors must be fastened shut by wire, straps or welding. Driver’s door must be reinforced. Roll bars acceptable, preferably inside of car. Protection straps must be in place of windshield from top to bottom. All cars must have hoods over engine compartment. Safety bars are allowed from driver’s windshield post to passenger post behind seat post to post.
11. Hoods may be held down by wires or bolts which cannot extend past the nut. Trunk may be welded. Trunk must have 12” by 12” opening. Must have hood extending over fan.
12. Driver must stay in car. Do not leave your car unless you are told to do so by an official or the last car has stopped.
13. Batteries may be moved to any reasonable position in the car, but they must be securely fastened to the floor with metal straps only -no ratchet or bungie straps and must be covered with a suitable shield.
14. Radiator must remain in original position. Any vehicle leaking fuel will be eliminated. A visible fire results in disqualification.
15. Usage of most tires allowed - Discretion of the official will be final if danger to spectators is foreseen. No studded,no bead lock screws in rim, no wheel weights.
16. Cars must have brakes prior to and during all heats. Air bags must be disconnected.
HEAT IS FEATURE UNLESS SECOND HEAT IS NECESSARY, THEN 5 CARS WILL BE TAKEN FROM EACH HEAT TO FEATURE
17. Coil springs only, 1980 or newer.
18. Welding doors and bumpers allowed. Bumpers maybe lightly welded, no added steel. Trunk may be welded but must have 12”x12” opening.
19. Entire frame must be stock except welding of motor mount shells and welding of cross member. No other frame welding accepted.
20. Motor change allowed,no tucking.
21. No distributor protector or engine cradle.
22. A-arms cannot be welded.
HEAT IS FEATURE
23. Two kickers are allowed from inside of car to frame behind A-arm only.
24. No double body skins.
25. Coil or leaf springs are permissible. If coil springs, hump plate is allowed. If leaf springs are used, no hump plate is allowed. No excessive bumpers. No excessive frame welding.
26. Motor protectors allowed.
THESE ADDITIONAL RULES APPLY TO STOCK COMPACT CLASS. HEAT IS FEATURE.
STOCK COMPACT CLASS:
4 cylinder only, front engine car with wheel base of 104” or less. No utility, 4 wheel drive vehicles.
27. Suspension must be stock.
28. No welding of A-arms.
29. Welding doors and trunks allowed.
30. Bumpers may be lightly welded. No added steel.
31. Frame must be stock – No welding on frame.
32. No body tucking.
33. No distributor protection. No engine cradles.
34. No extra body skins.
35. No excessive bumpers.
THESE ADDITIONAL RULES APPLY TO MID-SIZE CLASS
36. 4 or 6 cylinders allowed. Stock only. Officials have discretion of overall car length.
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit minor deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in
his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials.
Their decision is final.
ATTENTION - THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS DO NOT IMPLY OR GUARANTEE SAFETY.